New KENT CHRISTIAN SCHOOLUpper School
Hybrid Upper School 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th Grades
New Kent Christian School is expanding to offer hybrid study learning option for 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades. In this hybrid learning option, students will complete core classes through the Abeka academy video curriculum, plus enjoy in-person electives and social time with peers and teachers, which is vital for this age group!
Excellence in Education from a Christian Perspective.
Our philosophy doesn’t come from what sounds good or trendy at the moment. Instead, our teacher-led, character-building philosophy comes from a biblical foundation—Proverbs 22:6a, “Train up a child in the way he should go.” We offer structure and organization because that helps students know what to expect—and what’s expected of them—but also because 1 Corinthians 14:40 says, “Let all things be done decently and in order.”
Electives are for enrolled students only
NKCS only offers the Abeka curriculum for Hybrid Students
PRICING & REGISTRATION
- $4,000.00 – Hybrid Upper School / 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th Grades Include Video Curriculum for Core Classes, Plus In-Person Electives & a Full-Time Teacher Assistant ( they will be with the Independent Study Class all day.)
- For Hybrid students the curriculum is not included. Parents are to supply the curriculum along with a laptop and headphones. However, NKCS can order it for the students, and the family will be invoiced for them.
- SIBLING DISCOUNT OF $500.00
- LOW STUDENT TO TEACHER RATIO
ELECTIVES TO BE OFFERED
- ELECTIVE FEES AND ACTIVITIES FEES TO BE DETERMINED
IF WE HAVE 20 TO 30 UPPER SCHOOL STUDENTS.
WE WILL ALSO ALLOW HOMESCHOOL STUDENTS TO JOIN OUR TEAMS TO COMPETE IN ORGANIZED SPORTS!
- ALL UPPER SCHOOL STUDENTS (9th-12th grades) WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK IN THE CLASSROOM WITH K-3 STUDENTS TO HELP WITH READING AND MATH SKILLS. THE GOAL IS TO DEVELOP A LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIP THAT PROMOTES TRUST AND TEAMWORK AMONG STUDENTS.
- ALL MIDDLE STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE 30 HOURS OF COMMUNITY SERVICE WORK TO BE PROMOTED TO THE NEXT GRADE
- ALL COMMUNITY SERVICE WORK MUST BE APPROVED BY THE TEACHER AND SIGNED OFF ON BY THE PARENT
PLANS FOR THE FUTURE
- BREAK GROUND ON AN 18,000 SQUARE FOOT MULTIPURPOSE BUILDING IN 2024. IT WILL HOLD CLASSROOMS, A GYM WITH LOCKER ROOMS, AND A KITCHEN
TO GET THERE WE WILL
- ACHIEVE AN UPPER SCHOOL PROGRAM BY STAYING COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE IN ACADEMICS
- KEEP CLASS SIZES SMALL
- OFFER A QUALITY EDUCATION AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE
- WELCOME STUDENTS FROM HENRICO, HANOVER, WILLIAMSBURG, CHARLES CITY, WEST POINT