New KENT CHRISTIAN SCHOOLUpper School
Upper School 9th & Hybrid Upper School 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th Grades
New Kent Christian School is expanding to offer full-time, teacher lead 9th grade as well as an hybrid study learning option for 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades. In this hybrid learning option, students will complete core classes through the Abeka academy video curriculum, plus enjoy in-person electives and social time with peers and teachers, which is vital for this age group!
Excellence in Education from a Christian Perspective.
Our philosophy doesn’t come from what sounds good or trendy at the moment. Instead, our teacher-led, character-building philosophy comes from a biblical foundation—Proverbs 22:6a, “Train up a child in the way he should go.” We offer structure and organization because that helps students know what to expect—and what’s expected of them—but also because 1 Corinthians 14:40 says, “Let all things be done decently and in order.”
Electives are for enrolled students only
NKCS only offers the Abeka curriculum for Hybrid Students
PRICING & REGISTRATION
- $6,900.00 – Upper School, 9th Grade / Full-Time Teacher Lead Classroom Experience
- $4,000.00 – Hybrid Upper School / 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th Grades Include Video Curriculum for Core Classes, Plus In-Person Electives & a Full-Time Teacher Assistant ( they will be with the Independent Study Class all day.)
- For Hybrid students the curriculum is not included. Parents are to supply the curriculum along with a laptop and headphones. However, NKCS can order it for the students, and the family will be invoiced for them.
- SIBLING DISCOUNT OF $500.00
- CLASS SIZE NOT TO EXCEED 15 STUDENTS PER TEACHER IN ANY GRADE LEVEL AT NKCS
ELECTIVES TO BE OFFERED
- ELECTIVE FEES AND ACTIVITIES FEES TO BE DETERMINED
IF WE HAVE 20 TO 30 UPPER SCHOOL STUDENTS.
WE WILL ALSO ALLOW HOMESCHOOL STUDENTS TO JOIN OUR TEAMS TO COMPETE IN ORGANIZED SPORTS!
- ALL UPPER SCHOOL STUDENTS (9th-12th grades) WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK IN THE CLASSROOM WITH K-3 STUDENTS TO HELP WITH READING AND MATH SKILLS. THE GOAL IS TO DEVELOP A LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIP THAT PROMOTES TRUST AND TEAMWORK AMONG STUDENTS.
- ALL MIDDLE STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE 30 HOURS OF COMMUNITY SERVICE WORK TO BE PROMOTED TO THE NEXT GRADE
- ALL COMMUNITY SERVICE WORK MUST BE APPROVED BY THE TEACHER AND SIGNED OFF ON BY THE PARENT
PLANS FOR THE FUTURE
- BREAK GROUND ON AN 18,000 SQUARE FOOT MULTIPURPOSE BUILDING IN 2024. IT WILL HOLD CLASSROOMS, A GYM WITH LOCKER ROOMS, AND A KITCHEN
TO GET THERE WE WILL
- ACHIEVE AN UPPER SCHOOL PROGRAM BY STAYING COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE IN ACADEMICS
- KEEP CLASS SIZES 15 STUDENTS OR LESS
- OFFER A QUALITY EDUCATION AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE
- WELCOME STUDENTS FROM HENRICO, HANOVER, WILLIAMSBURG, CHARLES CITY, WEST POINT
Make the Change.
Enroll in at NKCS Today!
do you Need an infant to PRESCHOOL PROGRAM?
Contact New Kent Christian Academy Preschool + Day Care NewKentCA.com
Join our team
Get In Touch
Address: 9660 Tunstall Road, New Kent, VA 23124
Telephone: (804) 557-5774
Email: [email protected]
School Hours: Monday–Friday
Copyright © 2023. New Kent Christian School. Formerly known as New Kent Christian Academy, Primary School (NKCA Primary). Website Maintained by www.B4WeCreate.com